|chicken thighs: 3.5 lbs|
|tomato sauce: 4 Tbl|
|black pepper: 4 Tbl|
|canned yellow sweet corn: 1/2 cup|
|onions (chopped): 1/2 cup|
|olive oil: 2 Tbl|
|honey: 2 Tbl|
|lemon juice: 1 Tbl|
|pecans (chopped): 3/4 cup|
|canned pimento: 4 oz|
1. At least 1 hour before grilling, soak grilling planks in water. (Top with heavy dish to keep submerged.)
2. Loosen skin on chicken. In small bowl combine hot pepper sauce, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Drizzle under skin of chicken. Rub to disperse pepper mixture.
3. For charcoal grill, place planks on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals,until planks begin to crackle and smoke. Place chicken, bone sides down, on planks. Add corn to grill rack. Cover; grill 15 to 20 minutes or until corn is tender, turning two or three times. Remove corn from grill. Set aside; keep warm. Cover and grill chicken 35 to 40 minutes longer or until no pink remains (180 degrees F in a thigh). (For gas,heat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place planks with chicken and corn on rack overheat. Grill as above.)
4. For Grilled Corn Relish, cut corn from cobs. In medium bowl combine corn, pimientos, green onions, oil, honey, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper; toss. Add 1/3 cup Fresh Ranch dressing, below. Toss to coat.
5. On large platter spoon Grilled Corn Relish. Top with chicken and pecans. Drizzle remaining Fresh Ranch Dressing. Serve with lemon. Makes 8 servings.
Select print settings below and then click the Print button.