|white mushrooms (sliced): 2 cups|
|sweet yellow peppers: 2 whole peppers|
|bacon: 4 oz|
|garlic: 8 cloves|
|dry tapioca mix: 0.3 oz|
|chicken breasts: 8 breasts|
|chicken broth: 1 cup|
|white wine: 1/4 cup|
|asparagus: 1 lb|
|heavy whipping cream (whipped): 1/3 cup|
|fresh basil (chopped): 1/2 cup|
|pasta (orzo): 2 cups|
|grated parmesan cheese: 2 Tbl|
1. In 5- or 6-quart slow cooker stir together mushrooms, sweet peppers, onion, bacon, and garlic. Sprinkle with tapioca. Place chicken on top of mixture in cooker. Pour broth and wine over all.
2. Cover; cook on high-heat setting 3 to 3-1/2 hours or low-heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
3. Meanwhile, snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Cut into 2 to 3-inch lengths. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in asparagus, cream, and the 1/2 cup fresh basil. Cover; cook 30 minutes more.
4. Reserve four chicken breast halves to prepare Chicken and Wild Rice Chowder; store as directed below.* Serve remaining chicken, vegetables, and sauce with orzo. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings plus additional chicken for Chicken and Wild Rice Chowder.
5. * To store chicken breast halves, wrap tightly and refrigerate up to 3 days.