1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare Sweet Pepper sauce: set aside. Trim any fat and silver skin (thin pearlescent membrane running along top of tenderloin) from tenderloin. Sprinkle garlic over tenderloin. For rub, in a small bowl combine salt, black pepper, and oregano. Sprinkle evenly over tenderloin; rub in with your fingers.
2. Place tenderloin on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes for medium-rare (135 degrees F) or 45 to 50 minutes for medium (150 degrees F). Transfer meat to platter. Cover loosely with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. (Temperature of meat will rise 10 degrees more while standing.) Makes 12 servings & leftovers.
3. Sweet Pepper Sauce: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Halve 4 yellow sweet peppers lengthwise. Remove stems, seeds, and veins. Place pepper halves, cut sides down, on prepared baking sheet. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or
until lightly charred.
Bring foil up around peppers to enclose. Let stand about 15 minutes or until cool. Loosen edges of the skins with a small sharp knife; gently pull off skins in strips and discard. Place peppers in food processor or blender. Cover; process or blend until smooth.
In large skillet cook 1 medium onion, chopped and 3 cloves garlic, minced in 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil over medium heat 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in pureed peppers, 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar, 1 tsp. sugar, 1 tsp. snipped fresh thyme leaves, 1 tsp. snipped fresh oregano leaves, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes or until thickened. Cool and refrigerate, covered, up to 2 days. Reheat over medium-low, stirring often.
4. Mother's Day: With roasted mushrooms. Prepare as directed above. While roasted tenderloin stands, prepare mushrooms. Toss 1 lb. of halved mixed mushrooms with 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread in shallow baking pan. Roast at 425 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Add to platter with tenderloin. Sprinkle with fresh oregano or thyme. Pass Sweet Pepper Sauce.
5. Graduation: Pizza. Prepare as directed above. Thinly slice the roasted tenderloin. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread Sweet Pepper Sauce on top of 4 to 6 thin 12-inch Italian bread shells (Boboli) or flatbread. Top each with tenderloin slices
and toppings such as sliced mushrooms, sliced sweet peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, red onion wedges, and/or dried tomatoes. Sprinkle each with 3 to 4 oz. Swiss, dill Havarti, cheddar, or blue cheese. Bake 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with fresh
herbs and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition information per serving (2 slices): 526 cal., 26 g fat, 65 mg chol., 824 mg sodium, 42 g carbo., 3 g fiber, 28 g pro.
6. Memorial Day: Sliders. Prepare as directed above. Thinly slice tenderloin. Stir 1/4 cup prepared horseradish into Sweet Pepper Sauce. Place tenderloin slices on split cocktail buns and top with sliced radishes, watercress, and the Sweet Pepper-Horseradish
Note: Plan on 2 sliders per person. There's enough tenderloin and sauce to make about 48. Assemble as many as you need.
Nutrition information per serving (1 slider): 191 cal., 9 g fat, 26 mg chol., 299 mg sodium, 17 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 11 g pro.