Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 5 x 9 loaf pan.
- Cream together the sugar and the softened butter in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and beat well. Add in the vanilla extract and cinnamon and stir.
- Add in the peanut butter and blend well.
- Next add the bananas. If you like your bread non-chunky, mash the bananas thoroughly in a separate bowl before adding them to the batter. You can puree them in a blender or food processor. Otherwise add the bananas broken up by hand to the batter and mash
in the bowl. Stir well.
- Finally, add in the self-rising flour and stir. If you like you can add in about a cup (more or less to taste) of chocolate chips. Feel free to experiment with other add-ins: butterscotch chips, raisins, etc.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for about 80 min. Cover with foil after about an hour to prevent it from browning too much.
- Remove to a cooling rack once a toothpick (or fork) inserted into the center of bread comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake.