1. Place a chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound meat lightly into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick Remove plastic wrap.
2. In a shallow dish combine the flour, cornmeal, and ground red pepper. Place egg in another shallow dish; add water and beat lightly to combine.
3. For each roll, place a chile pepper half on a chicken piece near an edge. Place a cheese stick on the chile pepper near an edge. Sprinkle with some of the cilantro or parsley and black pepper. Fold in sides; roll up, starting from edge with cheese. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
4. Dip rolls in egg mixture; coat with cornmeal mixture. Place rolls, seam sides down, in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with butter.
5. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Remove toothpicks. Meanwhile, heat salsa; serve over chicken. If desired, garnish with additional cilantro. Makes: 6 servings